The New Year is here and you want to make a fresh start. Food and lifestyle changes are the only way to lose weight and become healthier. HOW you eat is just as important as WHAT you eat. Here are five things you can do to not only shed pounds but improve your health too.
1. Do Not Skip Meals: Eating 3 meals a day at regular times keeps your metabolism active and blood sugar up so you won't binge:
2. Eat Without Distractions: Eating while watching TV, working , reading or driving becomes mechanical. When you eat with distractions, you have no idea what or how much you are eating. As a result, you tend to overeat and are not satisfied after what you ate.
3. Sit Down Whenever You Eat or Drink Anything: We tend not to count the food we eat while standing up. In addition, we have no idea how full we are unless we are seated. We will be more satisfied with the food we eat and we will eat less.
4. Eat Slowly and Chew Your Food Well: Digestion starts in our mouth. The better we chew our food, the more nutrients we receive. It takes our body 20 minutes to know if we are full or not. Putting your fork down in between bites will help you slow down and enjoy your meal better. You will also feel more satisfied with your meal and eat less.
5. Do Not Eat 3 Hours Before Bed : Our body cleans and repairs itself at night. In order for this process to be efficient, your stomach must be empty. On average, it takes three hours for food to leave the stomach. If you eat before you go to bed, you will have a hard time waking up and be grumpy when you do.
If you adapt these 5 healthy eating habits, you will improve your health and lose weight, no matter what you are eat.